FITNESS-RELATED EVENTS AND RESOURCES
COACH'S CHAT VIDEO SERIES INTRODUCTION - Coach Todd provides a general overview launching the IAM video series including drilling with purpose, your participation, and ways to make the most of your workouts.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of August 8th (Butterfly) - Coach Mel delivers this week's Drill with Purpose from Colombia at the Pan Am Masters Championship.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of August 1st (Breaststroke Timing) - Coach Todd discusses breaststroke timing in terms of the pull versus the kick and reviews the drills this week to work on timing. Check out this supplemental video from USMS as well to view demonstrations for each drill.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of July 25th (Freestyle Body Balance) - Coach Todd discusses body balance while swimming freestyle using a special guest, Riley, as demonstration. Also, check out this short supplemental video from GoSwim demonstrating body balance progression and the importance of core stability .
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of July 18th (Backstroke arm entry and underwater position) - Coach Bruce explains this week's Drill with Purpose including in water demonstrations and fun drills.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of July 11th: Location Contest - Coach Mel discusses the importance of technique and butterfly drills from an undisclosed, mystery location. Where's Mel now?
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of July 4th - Coach Todd discusses this week's Drill with Purpose focusing on freestyle recovery, entry and setup along with open water demonstrations and a preview for what's to come this week.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of June 27 (Butterfly Head Position & Arm Entry) - Coach Bruce discusses this week's Drill with Purpose focusing specifically on head position and arm entry for butterfly.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of June 20 (Butterfly) - From Paris, France, Coach Mel delivers this week's drill focus with a demonstration.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of June 13 (Flipturns and push offs) - Coach Todd explains the ins and outs of flipturns and push offs plus a preview of the workouts this week.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of June 6 (Freestyle) - Coach Bruce discusses this week's drill focus on distance per stroke and the fist drill.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of May 30 (Breaststroke) - Coach Mel discusses this week's Drill with Purpose.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of May 23 (Backstroke) - Coach Todd explains and demonstrates this week's Drill with Purpose and previews the week of workouts ahead.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of May 16 (Freestyle Efficiency) - Coach Bruce explains and demonstrates this week's Drill with Purpose.
- Coach's Chat Video - Week of May 8 (Butterfly) - Coach Mel describes this week's Drill with Purpose along with a demonstration.
U.S. MASTERS SWIMMING COVID-19 Member Resources - Numerous workouts and resources to assist the swimmers during the pandemic are available on the USMS website including: Resistance band workouts, "How to get through the loss of swimming", and "Coronavirus and Swimming: What you need to know".
TEST SET LOG - Monitor your progress by downloading this spreadsheet template and recording your results from the IAM test sets over the course of the year.
Favorite Swim Set - Submit your favorite swim sets to be included in upcoming workouts!
USMS WORKOUTS - Log into your USMS Account to obtain numerous workouts.
USA TRIATHLON DRYLAND STRETCH CORD WORKOUTS - Stretch cord workouts designed to help keep swim specific strength and conditioning during the shut-down.
30-DAY WORKOUT PLANS - Multiple workout plans including core, strength, cardio, yoga, and HIIT. Design a month worth of training by combining these simple workouts requiring little to no equipment.
SWIMSWAM AT HOME SWIM TRAINING - Various dryland workouts available that are designed for swimmers.
SWIMOUTLET LIVE WORKOUTS - Participate in live workouts every day at 1 pm EST on Swimoutlet's Instagram page. Workouts are designed for swimmers.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference within this site to any specific commercial or non-commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Indy Aquatic Masters. References to our sponsors & partners or individuals are for information purposes only and does not constitute advice or imply an endorsement or any particular product or service.
Links to external, or third party websites, are provided solely for visitors’ convenience. Links taken to other sites are done so at your own risk and Indy Aquatics Masters accepts no liability for any linked sites or their content. When you access an external website, keep in mind that Indy Aquatic Masters, its employees and it's contractors have no control over the content. Any link from Indy Aquatic Masters’ website to an external website does not imply or mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or the use of such website.
Indy Aquatic Masters does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website; does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites; does not endorse the views they express or the products / services they offer; cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Indy Aquatic Masters are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.